Harden is a family owned real estate development company established since 1985. We are defined by our integrity, quality, stability and our commitment to our long term business plan which continuously strives on adding value to our portfolio and contributing to the many communities in which we invest our time and resources. With over 60 years of experience in the retail industry, our objective is to offer our tenants the best possible conditions for them to be successful within our markets.
Harden is currently looking for a Leasing manager. The candidate will report to the Director, Leasing and will join a young and dynamic environment.
Head office: Vaudreuil
Position: Full time (40 hours per week)
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in all aspects of the leasing process for existing and new centers such as market research, and preparation of presentation materials with the Marketing department;
- Responsible for the leasing of a specific portfolio of Shopping Centres;
- Visits vacant spaces with potential tenants;
- In collaboration with and under the direction of the Director, Leasing, negotiate Leases, Offers to Lease, LOIs, Lease extensions and Amendments;
- Execute the full cycle for all new leases, amendments, and extensions (coordination with various departments such as Tenant Coordination, Development, Property management, Construction, Lease administration, Marketing and Finance);
- Weekly reporting on prospects and Leasing files;
- Monitor each centre’s lease expiries and be proactive;
- Monitor arrears in each centre and assist in collections (when needed);
- Coordinate updates of each centre’s information (text, site plans, visuals with the Marketing department;
- Prepare newsletters for the specific portfolio with the Marketing department;
- Establish strong relationships and maintain ongoing contact with brokers, tenants and prospective tenants;
- Assist in the preparation and attend tradeshows and other events;
- Other related duties.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role,
- A university degree – ideally related to business or real estate,
- Master the French and English language, spoken and written,
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft office suite,
- Demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills in commercial leasing,
- Display autonomy, initiative, problem solving skills, team spirit and good sense of organization,
- Ability to work under pressure
- Maintain confidence by keeping information confidential;
- Must own personal vehicle and have a valid driver’s license as some travel will be required.